Work Location: Dublin/Hybrid
Reporting line: Technical Accounting Manager
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm, 37.5 hours per week
UnipolRe is a professional reinsurance company and a wholly owned subsidiary of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A. Group, one of the largest insurance companies in Italy. UnipolRe is continuing to grow its team to provide an exceptional and distinctive service to our clients through suitable reinsurance, active pricing and proactive claims handling. We are based in the Watermarque Building, close to Grand Canal Docks, and have a team of over 45 staff working on hybrid operational model.
Our Technical Accounting Analyst role is responsible for complex accounting, billing & collection activities; developing and monitoring reinsurance completeness and accuracy controls on assigned reinsurance activity booked. Responsibilities include reporting of monthly activities to management, conducting complex assignments in a dynamic, fast pace, heavy deliverable, client focused environment:
- Process Technical Accounts on a quarterly / annual basis.
- Perform credit control functions of reinsurance receivables/payables and related account reconciliations.
- Communicate positively, clearly, and expertly with cedants and reinsurers, always advocating and meeting client needs and initiating resolution.
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas (Underwriters, Finance, Claims) in establishing reinsurance processes, booking flows, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of controls.
- Undertake accounting and administration functions including financial calculations, reconciliations, financial reporting, and settlements.
- Work with contracts from inception, interpretating them, maintaining them including developing source reports for calculations.
- Support internal and external audits and actuaries’ queries.
- Complete special requests, projects, etc. around process improvement.
- Create and maintain Standards of Procedure.
- Prepare quarterly credit control reports for senior management to identify top target accounts, including action plans for resolution of the items.
- Conduct Profit and Sliding Commission calculations.
Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate, who will be positive, enthusiastic and contribution focussed, will possess the following.
- A minimum of 2 years of related reinsurance technical accounting experience required, with broad knowledge of accounting practices and procedures essential (Essential)
- Fluency in English as well as Italian (Essential)
- Very robust knowledge and practice in Microsoft Office, especially Advanced Excel proficiency (Essential)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with equivalent accounting experience – an exceptional candidate part-qualified would be considered.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Solution oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent team worker as well as being to work on own initiative.
- Competitive market related salary based on experience.
- Company pension contribution of 10%.
- Company bonus scheme related to performance of business and individual .
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for first year) plus additional two ‘company days’ plus staff volunteering day. Leave increases each year.
- Superior Health insurance cover– including dental cover for staff member.
- Death in service benefit as well as income protection.
- Smart/hybrid working arrangements available.
- Industry unique time compensating leave for overtime worked.
- Comprehensive education and learning support policy.
- Strong staff wellbeing supports.
UnipolRe is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We Encourages Applications from Candidates of All Abilities and Backgrounds