Work Location: Dublin/Hybrid
Reporting line: Head of Claims
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm, 37.5 hours per week
UnipolRe is a professional reinsurance company and a wholly owned subsidiary of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A. Group, one of the largest insurance companies in Italy. UnipolRe is continuing to grow its team in order to provide an exceptional and distinctive service to our clients through suitable reinsurance, active pricing and proactive claims handling. We are based in the Watermarque Building, close to Grand Canal Docks, and have a team of over 40 staff working on hybrid operational model.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Reinsurance Claims Handler to join our established and expanding Claims Team that is central to the growth of our company and the continued building of our reputation. The candidate will work closely with colleagues currently in Dublin and Italy to ensure business requirements are achieved. Reporting to the Head of Claims, the successful candidate will be involved in maintaining, handling and settling a portfolio of complex insurance or reinsurance claims. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating, negotiating and resolving reinsurance claims whilst maintaining a strong customer focused mind set.
All candidates will possess appropriate technical Reinsurance skills to ensure their success in the role. The successful person will also be able to work on their own initiative as well as possessing attention to detail, high personal energy, and drive to succeed as part of an exciting, expanding company. The successful person will also have an ability to contribute to the wider organisation.
- Technical knowledge and experience in handling of reinsurance treaty claims, including an ability to negotiate to settlement and closure across jurisdictions
- Experience of non-proportional claims handling preferable in casualty and property claims.
- Experience working closely with Reinsurance Brokers and the legal profession preferable.
- Ability to investigate all claims in a thorough, comprehensive and customer focused manner
- Capable of acting as a point of referral when required for customers (insurers, intermediary and end customers / policyholders) as well as internal colleagues in connected areas such as Actuaries, Underwriters, Technical Accounts, etc
- Skill set to maximise opportunities to promote the business because of their professionalism
- Where delegated, assist with cedant audits and review processes
- Deliver impeccable customer service and attend broker/market meetings as required
- Work as part of a small value adding team
- Display a positive attitude when dealing with challenging and changing business needs
- Flexible approach, willing to get involved in other areas of the business as directed by management
- Work in accordance with agreed standards and service level agreements
- Assist in the provision of/provide insightful internal reports and analysis as required
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years claims handling related experience in a reinsurance company (Essential/Highly
- Demonstrated capability in having consistently handled reinsurance claims within authority granted
and a proficiency in other claims-related activities (Essential)
- Possess excellent negotiating skills and an ability to maintain focus, control, and positivity under
- Ability to understand policy interpretation issues, demonstrating impartiality and a sense of fairness
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Microsoft Excel (Essential) and fluency in a second European
- CIP/APA (Desirable)
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (Desirable)
- Possess a high level of organisational skills and attention to detail and accuracy (Desirable)
- Competitive market related salary based on experience.
- Company pension contribution of 10%.
- Company bonus scheme related to performance of business and individual – 10%.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata for first year) plus additional two ‘company days’ plus staff
volunteering day. Leave increases each year.
- Superior Health insurance cover– including dental cover for staff member.
- Death in service benefit as well as income protection.
- Smart/hybrid working arrangements available.
- Industry unique time compensating leave for overtime worked.
- Comprehensive education and learning support policy.
- Strong staff wellbeing supports.
UnipolRe is an Equal Opportunities Employer
We Encourages Applications from Candidates of All Abilities and Backgrounds